Friday, October 15, 2010

My lesson learned

Yesterday I went to Costco to get gas. I had to back into the spot to pump my gas because of the way it is set up. I got out and started to the process to pump my gas. The guy behind me now finishes pumping his gas, gets into his car and i can hear him kinda freaking out. He starts his car opens his door back up and very pissed off says to me  " You know you could have pulled up closer to the pump so i could get out". I looked at him and very honestly  and politely said "I'm sorry I didn't realize I was that far away". He then slams his door, throws his car in reverse, mashes on the gas so his tires chirp and almost hits the car behind him. I then very calmly and politely say with a smile on my face " have a nice day". This aggravates him even worse to a point I thought the vain on forehead was going to explode. He throws his car in drive and again mashes the gas hard enough to make his tires chirp again and again almost hits a different car as he tears out of there.LOL obviously I didn't block him in that bad if her could tear out of there like that. I found I got far more enjoyment out of how upset he got the nicer and calmer I got. Than I ever would have if I started yelling back at him.This had me smiling the rest of my drive home. What was the lesson I learned from this interaction? The nicer I am to people in life the more it pisses them off and the happier I am :)

2 comments: